MANUFACTURING & ENGINEERING
Helping UK Plc – success in the making…
At Carpenter Box our considerable experience in the sector, together with the accumulated experience of our colleagues in MHA’s Manufacturing Group across the UK, means we are well positioned to advise our clients. Carpenter Box is also a member of Morison International; this means that we have a trusted international network. With the ‘global economy’ a growing factor in all of our lives, having a network of global advisers wherever you operate is a big bonus.
How we can help:
Carpenter Box acts for a wide range of clients in the sector ranging from small to large manufacturers, as well as importers of manufactured goods. With our partner led service and strong tax advisory offering, we build strong relationships with our clients and take a team approach. We have the knowledge and expertise to ensure our advice is proactive and timely enabling you to focus on taking the business forward in such areas as:
• Tax planning and corporate restructuring
• Understanding and claiming Research & Development Tax Credits
• Understanding and profiting from the Patent Box scheme
• Assisting with routes to finance through our large network of bankers, invoice financers, grant makers etc
• Helping you to develop an export strategy
• Minimising risk from pricing and supply fluctuations
• Optimise stock control
• Make important investment decisions
• Planning for mergers and acquisitions or disposals
• Corporate finance advice, including strategic acquisitions
• Managing cash flow through interest and exchange rate fluctuations
• Helping you trade abroad through our network of global associates as members of Morison International
• Our strong relationship with UKTI and MAS
Want to see our 2013 Manufacturing Survey? Link here.
Want to see our 2012 SME Manufacturing Round Table Report? Link here.
Want to attend the National Manufacturing Debate at Cranfield University, 20-21 May 2013 sponsored by MHA? Link here.
Carpenter Box is passionate about helping manufacturing and engineering businesses to succeed. Chris Coopey, a Partner at the firm, started life as an engineer, and has regularly commented on the sector in the national press and has contributed a number of pieces to The Manufacturer and Works Management. He has also lobbied the government over its vocational education policy. Chris heads the Manufacturing Group at MHA. MHA is a national association of independent accountancy firms who act for many hundreds of manufacturers and engineering firms in this crucial UK sector.
“It’s always a good idea to use specialist advisers, but in a challenging economic environment, it’s essential. Carpenter Box has a strong track record of improving efficiency, identifying growth opportunities and saving tax for our manufacturing and engineering clients”
Chris Coopey, Head of Carpenter Box’s Manufacturing Group
“To have someone look after our accounts, our finance and VAT is very important as we can concentrate on the core business that we know about. I feel that Carpenter Box are a part of the company, I trust their judgement on all money matters. They give good advice, and it’s advice we wouldn’t otherwise know where to go for. Carpenter Box in my opinion are a good investment; they have saved me a lot of money and a lot of time.”
Kevin Tester, Managing Director, Penton UK
Our latest Manufacturing blogs:
- Thu, 09 May 2013 09:25:29 +0000: Business groups respond to Queen's Speech - Government Announcements
The Government's plans for the new parliamentary session have been outlined in the Queen's Speech. Proposals of interest to businesses include those around national insurance contributions, consumer rights and deregulation.Read more »
- Wed, 08 May 2013 09:56:19 +0000: Revamp for Scottish planning system - Government Announcements
Proposals to overhaul Scotland's planning system will help to deliver more jobs and sustainable economic growth, the Scottish Government has said.Read more »
- Wed, 24 Apr 2013 10:02:26 +0000: Funding for Lending Scheme extended for SMEs - Government Announcements
The Funding for Lending Scheme (FLS), designed to boost lending to businesses and households, is to be extended until January 2015, the Bank of England has announced.Read more »
Registered to carry on audit work and regulated for a range of investment business activities by The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales.