Specialist knowledge. Real solutions.
A trust can be an extremely useful vehicle for reducing tax liabilities and protecting family assets. MHA Carpenter Box has a team of specialists who have experience in dealing with trusts and estates in many different situations. A trust can be set up for many reasons – often to manage concerns around the future use of an asset or to shelter an asset against tax. Have a look below to see other uses for a trust – you may be surprised!
A trust can help:
- Control where your assets go
- Restrict access to capital – useful for minors and second time marriages
- Provide a degree of protection in the event of bankruptcy or relationship breakdown
- Provide financial security for an elderly or infirm relative or others who are unable to manage their own finances
- Reduce exposure to inheritance tax and other taxes
- Ensure that whilst a surviving spouse/civil partner benefits from income, capital is protected for future generations
- Provide protection of your assets should you suffer from incapacity
- Cost effective
- Create a lasting legacy by vesting an asset in a family charity or perhaps a foundation
How we can help you…
- Once the trust is established we will help you to run the trust advising on such things as distributions of trust monies or assets, investment management (in conjunction with Carpenter Box Wealth Management where appropriate)
- We will prepare the necessary accounts, complete self-assessment and inheritance tax returns, offer advice on the tax implications as well as provide full administrative support to those running the trust (the Trustees)
- We can also look after the beneficiaries and ensure that they pay the minimum amount of tax and where appropriate, receive good investment advice
Please contact John Billings for more information.