While you look after your patients, we’ll look after you
Our specialist team has helped healthcare professionals for many years with advice on specific legislation and the opportunities and challenges facing the sector. This expertise is paired with our team of chartered tax advisors who use their specialist knowledge to help save our clients thousands of pounds.
As a part of MHA, our UK wide medical accountants and tax specialists have experience of helping general practitioners, consultants, surgeons, hospital doctors, locums and physiotherapists and together act for over 200 GP practices, giving us a national knowledge-sharing resource specifically for the medical profession. A number of our colleagues firms in MHA are also members of AISMA (Association of Independent Specialist Medical Accountants).
Beyond the traditional accountancy services offered by MHA Carpenter Box and MHA, our medical and healthcare accountants have a specialised offering to the medical profession which includes:
- Statistical information on income and expenditure
- Preparation of annual superannuation certificates
- Tax and estate planning
- Retirement and succession planning
- Practice profitability and benchmarking
- Advice on software selection and training for Sage and other software packages.
- Review of NHS Pension arrangements, with particular regard to the annual allowance of £40k on pension inputs, projections of retirement benefits & consideration of primary/enhanced/fixed protection.
- Formation of consultant specialist group practices
For more information on how we can help you, please contact Alan Edwards.
If you haven’t done so, take a look at our MHA video which talks about some of the issues and opportunities currently facing the medical profession.