Adur and Worthing Business Awards 2021
The Adur & Worthing Business Awards (AWBAs) are back and open for entry!
Businesses and professionals across the region are being encouraged to enter the AWBAs. Entries close on Friday 17th September with the awards night taking place on Friday 12th November at the Pavilion Theatre in Worthing.
After the challenges the last year and a half has brought, it’s more important than ever to come together and support, recognise and reward the strength and achievements of the impressive businesses and individuals across Adur and Worthing.
Carpenter Box are once again delighted to be attending the event as sponsors of the Manufacturing and Engineering category. We have been proud supporters of the Awards since its inception back in 2007.
Entries and nominations
Top tips for writing a winning award entry
At Carpenter Box, we’ve won our fair share of awards over the past decade, both regionally and nationally. Here are our top tips for writing your winning entry.
- Read the brief: Make sure you read exactly what questions the judges want answered, and provide what is asked of you.
- Provide evidence: Don’t just say you’re the best, you need to demonstrate why!
- Make use of supporting documents: Once you’ve answered the questions, this is your chance to showcase what your business really is all about. Include quotes, infographics, photos, videos, anything that helps support your story; you can be as creative as you want.
- Tell a story: Listing facts and figures won’t capture anyone’s attention. Be sure to show your personality and what makes you unique.
- Take time: Be sure to spend time gathering evidence, answering the questions and having your entry proofed by different people. Entries done quickly are easy to spot!
As a reminder, and for inspiration, the winners of the 2019 awards were:
- Start-Up: The Good Therapy Group
- Small Business: Coast to Coast Direct
- Medium Business: FermionX
- Large Business: Egalite Care Ltd
- Manufacturing and Engineering: Nordell Ltd
- Young Achiever: Becky Matthews – Rose Petal Cake Company
- Customer Service: Cedar Garage Ltd
- Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure: Time Lock Escape Rooms
- Innovation: Ricardo
- Training & Development: Pyroban Ltd
- Green Business: A Green Alternative Ltd
- Retailer: Green Fingers Florists
- Place to Eat/and or Drink: Malt House
- Building and Construction: Empire Construction Group
- Business in the Community: SJM Electrical Services Ltd
- Business Personality: Kenny Tutt – Pitch Restaurant
- Lifetime Achievement: Richard John
- Overall Business of the Year: FermionX
Good luck to all those who enters or is nominated this year. Here’s to another fantastic event!