Adur and Worthing Business Awards 2022
The Adur & Worthing Business Awards (AWBAs) are back and open for entry!
Businesses and professionals across the region are being encouraged to enter the AWBAs. Entries close on Friday 9th September with the awards night taking place on Friday 4th November at the Pavilion Theatre in Worthing.
After the challenges of the past few years, it’s more important than ever to come together and support, recognise and reward the strength and achievements of the impressive businesses and individuals across Adur and Worthing.
Carpenter Box are once again delighted to be attending the event as sponsors of the Manufacturing and Engineering category. We have been proud supporters of the Awards since its inception back in 2007.
Entries and nominations
Top tips for writing a winning award entry
At Carpenter Box, we’ve won our fair share of awards over the past decade, both regionally and nationally. Here are our top tips for writing your winning entry.
- Read the brief: Make sure you read exactly what questions the judges want answered, and provide what is asked of you.
- Provide evidence: Don’t just say you’re the best, you need to demonstrate why!
- Make use of supporting documents: Once you’ve answered the questions, this is your chance to showcase what your business really is all about. Include quotes, infographics, photos, videos, anything that helps support your story; you can be as creative as you want.
- Tell a story: Listing facts and figures won’t capture anyone’s attention. Be sure to show your personality and what makes you unique.
- Take time: Be sure to spend time gathering evidence, answering the questions and having your entry proofed by different people. Entries done quickly are easy to spot!
As a reminder, and for inspiration, the winners of the 2021 awards were:
- Best Food and/ or Drink: Brooksteed Alehouse
- Building and Construction: Roberts Miller Redshaw Ltd
- Business in the Community: Warnes Projects Ltd
- Business Personality: Jo Hunter – Piglets Pantry
- Covid-19 Reponse: Egalite Care Ltd and Ricardo PLC
- Customer Service: Ashley James Meat Company
- Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure: South Downs Leisure
- Innovation: Flare Audio Ltd
- Large Business: Piglets Pantry
- Lifetime Achievement: Tina Tilley
- Manufacturing and Engineering: Pyroban Ltd
- Medium Business: OSAM Websites
- Retailer: Greenfingers Florists
- Small Business: Consortium Business Solutions
- Start-Up: Bee Sweet
- Training & Development: Cedar Garage
- Young Achiever: Charlotte Morley – The Park View
- Overall Business of the Year: Piglets Pantry
Good luck to all those who enters or is nominated this year. Here’s to another fantastic event!