We are pleased to be embracing National Apprenticeship Week which takes place between 6th and 12th February.
What is National Apprenticeship week?
National Apprenticeship Week (NAW) 2023 is the 16th annual week-long celebration of apprenticeships.
The week brings together businesses and apprentices across the country to shine a light on the positive impact that apprenticeships make to individuals, businesses and the wider economy.
Why an accountancy apprenticeship?
The skills you can develop while undertaking an accountancy apprenticeship include soft skills and general office etiquette, on top of gaining a range of professional qualifications – useful life skills for a successful career. You can achieve well respected qualifications, such as, ACCA and ACA with ICAEW and, once qualified, your earning potential is huge. In fact someone completing a higher accountancy apprenticeship earns an average of £117,000 more over their lifetime.
Why choose Carpenter Box?
Carpenter Box are proud to be highly regarded as a training firm and there are many examples of successful apprentices (or trainees) throughout the firm.
Managing Partner Alan Edwards, had this to say on the positive influence trainees have to the ongoing growth of the firm:
“I am delighted we can go further this year in offering more traineeships for local school and college leavers. Some of our current partners started out as trainees with the firm, including myself, so I am looking forward to seeing the new intake thrive as they launch their professional careers.”
What’s a trainee position like at Carpenter Box?
You would be working with a team of highly motivated and like-minded individuals, in a successful and award-winning firm. We will provide an excellent support package and opportunities to develop and progress your skills and knowledge during your training program. You will have regular catch up and support meetings with our internal training team and our Training Director throughout your trainee journey.
Get paid while you learn and more
One of the biggest draws for taking up an apprenticeship role as opposed to continuing full time education is getting paid while you learn.
Taking up a trainee role with Carpenter Box offers many other benefits including:
- Annual salary review and salary increases after exam passes and when part qualified
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu
- Competitive holiday entitlement
- Lifestyle Hub with access to great discounts
- Employee Assistance Program with additional wellbeing benefits
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible and hybrid working
- Modern office environment with breakout areas with coffee machines
- Dress for your day policy
- Opportunity to join the WPA Cash Plan scheme after 6 months employment with the Firm
- Death in Service and associated benefits
What’s a typical day in the life of a trainee like at Carpenter Box?
It’s an interesting and varied experience, that a variety of current trainees describe in their own words:
- Deaglan Johnson, who recently qualified, gives some insight into a day as a trainee in the Business Services Group
- Signe Malthora, who is currently studying towards her AAT, tells us about a typical day in the Tax Services Group
You can find out more about becoming a trainee at Carpenter Box by calling us on 01903 234094, or sending your CV and covering letter through our website.