Carpenter Box Charitable Foundation: 10 Year celebrations round-up
We are delighted to announce that through fundraising we have managed to raise an impressive £35,000 this year – bringing our total raised over the last 10 years to over £200,000!
Here is a roundup of some of our activities from the year.
We kicked off our big year of fundraising through a launch event on 28th February. Almost 50 people attended the event which included sponsors, local charities who have benefited from donations, the High Sheriff of West Sussex and the Deputy Mayor of Worthing as well as CBCF staff Trustees.
- Purple Day: staff wore purple and took part in various activities throughout the day to raise awareness and money for the Epilepsy Society.
- Big Biz Quiz: through a combination of the quiz entry fee, games and raffle we managed to raise an impressive £3,000!
- Rough Runner: a team of staff completed a 5km run and 10 ‘it’s a knockout’ type obstacles, raising £370 for the CBCF.
- South Downs Way Walk and Cycle: between the online and cash donations, we managed to raise a fantastic £1,750 for the walk and cycle.
- Tour de France cycle: keen cyclists at MHA Carpenter Box held their own cycling challenge and raised almost £300.
- Worthing 10K run: a team of runners successfully completed the Worthing Seafront 10K.
- Foodbank collections for homeless charities: we organised a collection of essential items for 2 homeless shelters local to both of our offices – Turning Tides in Worthing and Crawley Open House.
- Beach Cleans: a team of Carpenter Box staff headed out to Worthing beach, picking up litter and rubbish to help keep our community clean.
- Gardening at a local hospice: Our team of volunteers helped to do a spot of gardening at St Barnabas House hospice in Worthing.
To round up the year of fundraising we held a celebration event on 6th December. Guests, which included charity beneficiaries, Sponsors and Trustees, enjoyed some wine and nibbles. John Billings, Senior Partner at Carpenter Box, then gave a brief presentation of our efforts over the past year and presented the funds to our five main beneficiaries.
We are delighted to donate grants to each of the following charities:
- Lorica Trust
- Turning Tides
- Crawley Open House
- Care for Veterans
- Sullivan’s Heroes (Space for Jakey)
We have also made donations of £500 to 10 other local charities as recommended by our staff.
With thanks to our Sponsors
A big thank you to all of our sponsors, staff and everyone who has donated and supported us over the last 10 years!