SEVA Business Forum: Tax and Accounting
Supporting vineyard owners and their businesses
The two-hour seminar took place on 3rd May at Ridgeview Wine Estate, nestled in the South Downs. Guests included vineyards and wineries from all over the South East of England.
Partner and Head of the Vineyard sector John Billings spoke alongside Tax Manager Holly Mitchell, and together they covered a wide range of topical issues including:
- Getting your business structure right
- Tax planning for vineyards, including R&D, VAT and Capital Allowances
- Industry accounting issues and the increasing use of cloud software
- Growing your business and funding issues
- Passing on your business, including succession planning
- Selling your business and the tax reliefs available
John and Holly were able to offer advice, and listen to some of the common issues and concerns facing the sector.
“Thank you to Holly and John from MHA Carpenter Box who presented at the SEVA Tax and Accounting Business Forum. It was a very interactive session and the SEVA members found it really helpful and thought provoking for their vineyard and winery businesses.’’ – Alison Nightingale, Albourne Estate
The UK has become a serious contender in the world sparkling and still wine market and we are excited by the future prospects and opportunities that lie ahead. MHA Carpenter Box prides itself on being at the forefront of the UK wine industry, providing business and taxation advice to help grow and manage vineyards and wineries.
For more information on how we can help your vineyard, please contact our team on 01903 234094.