Sussex Wines triumph in WineGB Awards
The annual WineGB medal results were announced last week with 245 medals being awarded to wines produced across the country.
34 Gold, 98 Silver and 113 bronze medals in total were awarded to a mixture of still and sparkling wine.
With strict COVID-19 measures in place, the judges deliberated 281 entries over a 5 day period at Ashling Park Estate in West Sussex. The judging panel comprised of WineGB co-Chairs Susie Barrie MW and Oz Clarke MBE, and Rebecca Palmer, wine buyer of Corney & Barrow.
Sussex swooped the table with an impressive 48 medals being awarded to wines in the region. Winning wines include:
Gold medal winners
- Ashling Park Estate: Ashling Park Cuvée NV and Ashling Park Sparkling Rosé NV
- Bluebell Vineyard Estates: ‘Hindleap’ Ruby 2018
- Breaky Bottom: Cuvée Peter Christiansen 2014, Cuvée Gerard Hoffnung 2009, Cuvée Reynolds Stone 2010, Cuvée Michelle Moreau 2014 and Cuvée Cornelis Hendriksen 2013
- Hidden Spring Vineyard: Bacchus Fumé 2019
- Sugrue South Downs: The Trouble With Dreams 2014
- Wiston Estate: Cuvée 2015
Silver medal winners
- Ashling Park Estate: Blanc de Blancs 2014
- Blackdown Ridge Vineyard: 2016 Classic Cuvée
- Bluebell Vineyard Estates: Ashdown Boundary Block 2018, ‘Hindleap’ Classic Cuvée 2015, ‘Ashdown’ Rosé 2018 and ‘Hindleap’ Rosé 2015
- Bolney Wine Estate: Estate Pinot Gris 2018
- Breaky Bottom: Cuvée Jack Pike 2015 and Cuvée David Pearson 2015
- Carr Taylor Wines: Carr Taylor Brut Sparkling Wine 2015
- Davenport Vineyards: Limney Estate 2014 and Horsmonden Dry White 2018
- Digby Fine English: Leander Pink Brut NV and Non Vintage Brut
- Hidden Spring Vineyard: Bacchus 2019
- Nutbourne Vineyards: Pinot Noir 2018, Nutty Brut 2016 and Chardonnay 2018
- Roebuck Estates: Blanc de Noirs 2015
- Stopham Vineyard: Pinot Blanc 2017
- Wildwood Vineyard: Bacchus 2019
Bronze medal winners
- Ashling Park Estate: Bacchus 2019 and Rosé 2018
- Blackdown Ridge Vineyard: Sauvignon Blanc 2018
- Bluebell Vineyard Estates: ‘Hindleap’ Blanc de Blanc 2016, ‘Hindleap’ Barrel Aged Blanc de Blancs 2016 and ‘Ashdown’ Bacchus 2018
- Bolney Wine Estate: Blanc de Blancs 2016
- Carr Taylor Wines: Bacchus 2019, Ortega 2019 and Rosé Wine 2019
- Hidden Spring Vineyard: Chardonnay 2019
- Nutbourne Vineyards: Sussex Reserve 2018
- Oastbrook Estates Limited: Oastbrook Sparkling Rosé 2015
- Off the Line: Dog Rosé 2019
- Stopham Vineyard: Pinot Gris 2018
A list of all the winners by medal and producers can be found on the WineGB website.
Congratulations to all the medal winners!
The Virtual Awards Ceremony which will announce the trophy winners will be held on 8th September.