Trainee Accountant jobs in West Sussex
Talk to us about a paid trainee accountant job where you learn and gain valuable experience in the financial services sector. Alongside on-the-job training, our trainees are provided with exclusive study and exam learning days. They are supported with materials from a leading training provider, often under an apprenticeship. Additionally, with hard work and commitment, this results in a nationally recognised qualification.
A trainee position includes:
- Annual salary review and salary increases after exam passes and when part qualified
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu
- Competitive holiday entitlement
- Lifestyle Hub with access to great discounts
- Employee Assistance Program with additional wellbeing benefits
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible and hybrid working after first 6 months
- Modern office environment with breakout areas with coffee machines
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Opportunity to join the WPA Cash Plan scheme after 6 months employment with the Firm
- Death in Service and associated benefits
Who can apply?
Generally, pretty much anyone can apply, it is a great opportunity for those with A Levels or have graduated, or are:
- looking to upskill in their current job
- looking for a career change
- not in full-time education
Straightaway, you would be working with a team of highly motivated and like-minded individuals, in a successful and award-winning firm. We provide an excellent support package and opportunities to develop and progress your skills and knowledge during your training program. This is coupled with regular catch up/support meetings with our internal training team and our Training Director throughout your trainee journey.
We currently have various opportunities across all our departments:
- Firstly, Trainee Accountants in our Business Services Group who help businesses to obtain a thorough understanding of their financial position and study ACA or ACCA
- Secondly, Trainee Accountants in our Assurance and Advisory Group who use logical reasoning, analysis, testing and fieldwork to form opinions on our clients’ financial information. You will study ACA or ACCA
- Thirdly, Tax Trainees in our Tax Services Group who focus on compliance-based work as well as advising on planning for future tax responsibilities, and study ATT and CTA, or ACA / CTA joint pathway
Although you don’t need a degree, our ideal candidate would have a strong academic history, with excellent attention to detail and quick problem-solving abilities. You would be driven to provide an excellent service to clients, by working in a team and show your initiative. You will also have a professional approach and forward-thinking attitude.
Find out more on our website, or give HR a ring on 01903 234094.