WineGB Awards 2020 – trophy winners revealed!
A virtual ceremony took place on Wednesday 8th September to announce and celebrate the trophy winners of the WineGB Awards 2020.
The event was live streamed and hosted by Peter Richards MW. It included interviews with judges and WineGB co-Chairs Susie Barrie MW and Oz Clarke MBE along with Rebecca Palmer, wine buyer of Corney & Barrow. The video of the event also shares interviews and behind the scenes footage with the trophy and awards winners.
We are very proud to have been involved with the event, sponsoring the Jack Ward Trophy for Best Still Bacchus, which was won by Chapel Down Wines.
Last month, WineGB announced their medal results with 245 medals being awarded to wines produced across the country.
This years winners:
- Berwick Trophy: Jenkyn Place Vineyard – Blanc de Blancs 2015
- Presidents Trophy: Ashling Park Estate – Ashling Park Cuvée NV
- Dudley Quirk Trophy: Breaky Bottom – Cuvée Michelle Moreau 2014
- Mike Roberts Trophy: Hattingley Valley Wines – Kings Cuvée 2014
- Bob Lindo Trophy: Ashling Park Estate – Ashling Park Sparkling Rosé NV
- Hattingley Valley Trophy: Harrow & Hope – Blanc de Noirs 2015
- Norman Cowderoy Founders’ Trophy: Kit’s Coty Coeur de Cuvée 2014
Top Sparkling Wine: Vintners Trophy: Hattingley Valley Wines – Kings Cuvée 2014
- Best Still Rose Waitrose Trophy: Gusbourne – Cherry Garden Rosé 2019
- Best Still Bacchus Jack Ward Trophy: Chapel Down – Kit’s Coty Bacchus 2017 (sponsored by MHA Carpenter Box)
- Best Still Pinot Bolney Wine Estate Trophy: Gusbourne – Pinot Noir 2018
- Best Single Varietal White Tom Day Trophy: Chapel Down – Kit’s Coty Chardonnay 2017
Top Still Trophy: Chapel Down – Kit’s Coty Chardonnay 2017
Best Regional Wines:
- Wales: White Castle Vineyard – Sparkling White, Wine Vintage 2017
- West: Sharpham Wine Ltd – Bacchus Stop, Ferment 2019
- South East (Joint winners): Chapel Down – Kit’s Coty Coeur de Cuvée 2014 and Ashling Park Estate – Ashling Park Cuvée NV
- Wessex: Hattingley Valley Wines – Kings Cuvée 2014
- Thames & Chilterns: Harrow & Hope – Blanc de Noirs 2015
- Midlands & North: Laneberg Wine Ltd –Bacchus 2019
- East Anglia: Tuffon Hall Vineyard – Pinot Rosé Beatrice 2019
Lifetime Achievement Award:
- Stephen Skelton – winemaker, grower and viticultural consultant, working exclusively in GB’s vineyards, since 1976
Rankin Award for Best Newcomer:
- Black Chalk – Classic 2016
Campden BRI/Geoff Taylor Award for Boutique Producer 2020:
- Sugrue South Downs – The Trouble with Dreams 2014
McAlpine Trophy for Winery of the Year:
- Wiston Estate
Gore-Browne Trophy for Supreme Champion 2020:
- Hattingley Valley Wines – Kings Cuvée 2014
Congratulations to all the trophy winners!
You can watch the virtual ceremony in full here.