Substantial savings can be made on Capital Gains Tax if you plan early – our main focus is on giving clients advice before a transaction is made. We will work with you to find a practical solution that complements your personal objectives, ensuring that you will not pay any more tax than you absolutely have to.
The rules surrounding capital gains are complicated and there are many reliefs, exemptions and allowances that a taxpayer can benefit from. Our considerable expertise and experience means we can advise you if it is possible to defer, reduce or eliminate completely any potential capital gains tax liability.
Whether the capital gain is from the disposal of a business, property or shares, we will:
- Maximise your claim for all valid tax deductions
- Advise on all eligible reliefs and make use of all available exemptions
- Examine whether trusts or pension funds can be used as a capital gains tax planning device
- Provide advice regarding tax efficient investment to help mitigate or defer the gain
- Consider restructuring the ownership or nature of the asset to minimise exposure
If you would like us to calculate your current exposure to capital gains tax with a view to reducing the tax ultimately payable, please contact Karen Thomas.