We are looking for a full-time Accounts Assistant to support our finance team based in our Worthing office.
This position would suit a candidate looking for their first position within an accounting environment or limited accountancy experience. The successful candidate will need to have good technical, organisational, interpersonal skills and a high level of attention to detail.
The role would include:
Support the Credit Control team with the following :
- Maintaining Direct Debit files and ensuring all advance notices are sent out
- Reconciliation of bank account, allocating BACS payments and cheques to client accounts
- Taking credit and debit card payments
- Dealing with internal queries re payments
- Chasing outstanding debts by email and telephone
- Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity
- Ensure all transactions are compliant with the firms policies
- Ensure any queries from clients are dealt with in a timely manner.
Support the Financial Controller with the following :
- Carry out bookkeeping activities for Carpenter Box and group companies under the guidance of the Financial Controller.
The role will be split approximately 50/50 between these 2 areas.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be computer literate
- Be organised
- Be confident working on their own and as part of a team
- Be able to use their initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Pride themselves on their attention to detail
- Be adaptable and happy to take on new challenges
In return, we can offer:
- A permanent full-time contract with a 6 month probationary period
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu
- Employee benefits package including high street and online discounts, agile working
- Agile working including the opportunity to work from home up to 40% (after a qualifying period)
- 22 days holiday per year and the opportunity to purchase up to 3 additional days (after a qualifying period)
- WPA Cash Plan (after a qualifying period)
- Enhanced pension contributions
- Relaxed dress policy
- Study support for AAT qualification
If you have any questions about this role, contact HR Manager Helen Ruff for more information.