Our approach to audit is to make the process a positive one for businesses – we identify potential risks, recommend opportunities for growth and help improve business performance. An audit will not be the same year on year – we focus on key risk areas and will tailor audits to reflect current issues or priorities.
Our sector-based approach also means that we look beyond the numbers to truly understand the challenges businesses face.
We are currently recruiting for a highly motivated and ambitious individual to join us as an Audit Manager based in our Gatwick office.
What can we offer you?
- Working in a relaxed, friendly, modern environment
- Opportunity to progress your skills and experience
- Agile working hours
- Paid overtime or take time off in lieu if you work over your contracted hours
- 9% pension contributions
- Opportunity to purchase additional holiday days
- Opportunity to join our Cash Plan and Enterprise Health scheme
- Carpenter Box Lifestyle Hub which offers discounts for online and high street shops
- Relaxed dress code policy
The role would include:
- Managing a varied portfolio of clients
- Preparing and reviewing audit plans and work
- Managing audit financials including budgets
- Maintaining a high technical and professional standard
- Thinking strategically about clients needs by understanding their business and key risks
- Delivering a high-quality audit service.
- Assisting in the execution of regulatory and statutory audits;
- Reviewing accounts preparation and corporate tax computations
- Coach, train and develop auditing staff
- Support on ad hoc assignments for new and existing clients.
The ideal candidate:
- ACCA or ACA qualified
- Must have practical audit and accounts experience gained in a firm of accountants
- Be computer literate
- Passion for developing others
- Confident in a client-facing role
- Comfortable working under pressure to meet deadlines.
If you have any questions about this role, contact HR Manager Helen Ruff for more information.