Our approach to audit is to make the process a positive one for businesses – we identify potential risks, recommend opportunities for growth and help improve business performance. An audit will not be the same year on year – we focus on key risk areas and will tailor audits to reflect current issues or priorities.
Our sector-based approach also means that we look beyond the numbers to truly understand the challenges businesses face.
We are currently recruiting for a highly motivated and ambitious individual to join us as Audit Semi-Senior for our Worthing office.
What can we offer you?
- Working in a relaxed, friendly, modern environment
- Opportunity to progress your skills and experience
- Agile working hours
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu if you work over your contracted hours
- 9% pension contributions
- Opportunity to purchase additional holiday days
- Opportunity to join our Cash Plan scheme when qualified
- Carpenter Box Lifestyle Hub which offers discounts for online and high street shops
- Relaxed dress code policy
- Excellent study support package to help you become ACCA or ACA qualified
The role would include:
- Assisting in the execution of regulatory and statutory audits; liaising with clients; accounts preparation; corporate tax computations and support on ad hoc assignments for new and existing clients.
- Providing a premium support audit service to the Supervising Manager and Associate.
- Pro-actively assisting in the maintenance of current client relationships.
- Providing weekly, clear and prompt communication to Managers in relation to timescales and deliverability of assignments.
- Attending training courses and independently maintaining professional competence to meet CPE requirements of the professional body and MHA Carpenter Box.
The ideal candidate:
- Must have a minimum of 12 months experience and studying towards ACCA or ACA
- A practical audit and accounts experience gained from an accountancy practice
- A knowledge of various software packages
- Strong communication and team working skills
- Experience in direct contact with clients would be preferred.
If you have any questions about this role, contact HR Manager Helen Ruff for more information. No agencies please.