Junior IT Technician
Junior IT Technician
Division: Practice Support Group
To accommodate MHA Carpenter Box’s growing number of staff and our innovative position in the accounting sector, we are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our IT team.
The candidate will primarily be assisting the team with the day-to-day support of the firm’s IT requirements and will have additional involvement in IT project development work. An applicant with any web programming knowledge is preferred, but not essential providing they have an active interest in learning.
What can we offer you?
- Based in Worthing town centre in a relaxed, friendly, modern environment
- Opportunity to progress your skills and experience
- Receive on the job training
- Agile working hours
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu if you work over your contracted hours
- 9% pension contributions
- Opportunity to purchase additional holiday days
- Opportunity to join our Cash Plan scheme
- Carpenter Box Lifestyle Hub which offers discounts for online and high street shops
- Relaxed dress code policy
The role would include:
- Providing a first-class support service to the firm’s IT users. Providing technical support, advice and guidance.
- Providing a premium support service to your supervising Partner, thus allowing them to work more effectively.
- Liaising with Departmental Heads with regards to their IT requirements.
- Assisting the IT manager with delivering on-going development projects.
- Maintain current knowledge and awareness of external developments within IT and develop long term IT strategy
- Monitoring and maintaining the performance of network servers, pcs, routers and other hardware.
- Ensuring all new members of staff receive a full and proficient IT induction
- Ad-hoc assignments and any other reasonable task as directed by the Directors.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a pro-active interest in IT
- Enthusiasm to learn
- Good technical judgement and problem-solving skills
- Any programming background would be an advantage
- Strong communication and team working skills
If you have any questions about this role, contact HR Manager Helen Ruff for more information.