Carpenter Box are one of the largest Firms in the region and have earned ‘Approved Employer’ and ‘Platinum Status’, the highest levels of accreditation that can be awarded by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
We now have an exciting career opportunity for a highly motivated individual, to join our Outsource Finance Services team, which provides our clients with access to an experienced accounts department on a basis which works for them. This role would ideally be based at our Gatwick office; however, we will also consider applications for our Worthing office. Hybrid working available.
We are proud of our approachable and collaborative style of working and are looking for people to join Carpenter Box who share our commitment to providing clients with an outstanding level of service.
What can we offer you?
- Opportunity to progress your career within the Firm
- Hybrid working
- Agile working hours and space
- Paid overtime or take time off in lieu if you work over your contracted hours
- Generous pension contributions
- Generous holiday entitlement with the opportunity to purchase additional holiday days
- Opportunity to join our Cash Plan scheme and Enterprise Health Scheme
- Carpenter Box Lifestyle Hub where you receive discounts for online and high street stores
- Death in service and other associated benefits
- Modern office environment
- Relaxed dress code policy
- Generous employee referral bonus scheme
The role would include:
- Managing the monthly management accounts workflow cycle
- Managing and supporting outsourced and internal employees with the day-to-day workload
- Monitoring bookkeeping workflow and assisting with the review of data
- Acting as the primary point of contact for Clients
- Performing a detailed review of management accounts prepared by the team
- Delivering Management information to Clients
- Facilitate information sharing between outsourced staff, Carpenter Box employees and Clients
- Attending training courses and independently maintaining professional competence to meet CPE requirements of your professional body and Carpenter Box
- Willingness to perform ad-hoc finance function requirements as necessary
Apply now if you:
- Are ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified
- Have a solid working understanding of accounting principles and experience in reviewing and delivering management accounts
- Experience in developing junior colleagues
- Excellent IT skills and a good knowledge of various accountancy software packages
- Great communication and team working skills
- Experience of working in an accountancy practice would be desirable. Candidates with a background gained in industry must have a clear understanding of the requirements of working with multiple Clients.
At Carpenter Box, we recognise the positive value of diversity and promote equality. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, regardless of age, race, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, or gender, particularly those underrepresented throughout the finance and accounting industry.
Although this role is advertised as full time, we believe that flexibility at work can provide many significant benefits both to our colleagues and the business. We already work in a hybrid style across all offices and can support different ways of working. If you are interested and have any requirements or needs in the way you would like to work, please apply, and speak to us about this. We will consider flexible options for applicants.
If you have any questions about this role, contact HR Manager Helen Ruff for more information.