StarBox provides fully serviced accounting and business advice for new media entrepreneurs, social influencers and rising stars, giving them time to do what they do best.
As a result of expansion in this area, we are looking for a Manager who is ambitious, passionate, and articulate. Your office days can be based in either our Worthing or Brighton office.
What can we offer you?
- Exciting chance to work with high-profile media, entertainment and sporting clients Opportunity to progress your skills and experience in a supportive environment
- Hybrid working. Office days can be from our Worthing or Brighton offices
- Agile working hours and space
- Relaxed ‘Dress for your Day’ policy
- Paid overtime or take time off in lieu if you work over your contracted hours
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and the opportunity to purchase additional holiday days
- Opportunity to join our Cash Plan and Enterprise Health scheme
- Lifestyle Hub where you receive discounts for online and high-street stores
- Employee Assistance Program with additional well-being benefits
- Employee Referral Program
- Death in Service and associated benefits
- 4% employer pension contributions
What the role would include:
- Managing a portfolio of growing talented individuals within the sport and entertainment sector
- Reviewing accounts and tax assignments
- Giving advice to clients on various accounting, business and tax matters
- Management of individual clients to ensure deadlines are achieved in a timely manner
- Attending client meetings when required
- Assisting the reporting partner with raising fee notes and management of work-in-progress
- Support partners in one-off project-based assignments
- Motivate, train and develop assistant managers and other staff
Apply now if you are:
- Keen to progress your career within a forward-thinking accountancy firm
- ACCA or ACA qualified
- Experience in working in an accountancy practice
- A knowledge of software packages including cloud-based packages
- Ambitious and passionate about what you do and have strong communication and team working skills
- Experience in developing other members of your team
- Organised, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Knowledge/experience of cloud accounting software
At Carpenter Box, we recognise the positive value of diversity and promote equality. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, regardless of age, race, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, or gender, particularly those underrepresented throughout the finance and accounting industry.
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we believe that flexibility at work can provide many significant benefits both to our colleagues and the business. We already work in a hybrid style across all offices and can support different ways of working. If you are interested and have any requirements or needs in the way you would like to work, please apply, and speak to us about this. We will consider flexible options for applicants.
If you have any questions about this role, contact HR Manager Helen Ruff for more information.