Senior Tax Manager – Advisory
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Manager to work within our Tax Advisory Group reporting directly to the Head of Department, based predominantly in our Worthing office, with the flexibility to also work from home and/or our Gatwick, Brighton or Chichester offices.
The position would suit a motivated, dynamic individual who has already established themselves as a tax adviser. Our Tax Advisory Group provides tax advice across a wide variety of sectors and taxes and the right candidate will need to have a sound understanding of both corporate and personal taxes.
If you are not CTA qualified, you must be ACA/ACCA qualified with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a tax advisory role.
We can we offer you?
- A mix of home and office-based work
- Opportunity to develop your soft skills and technical skills
- Paid overtime or take time off in lieu if you work over your contracted hours
- Auto-enrollment pension with the opportunity to contribute through salary sacrifice
- Opportunity to purchase additional holiday days
- Death In Service (after a qualifying period)
- Opportunity to join our Cash Plan and Enterprise Health scheme (after the qualifying period)
- Carpenter Box Lifestyle Hub which offers discounts for online and high street shops
Responsibilities would include:
- Producing reports and letters of advice for a number of tax advisory issues (see below)
- Overseeing HMRC correspondence including clearance applications and enquiries etc.
- Liaising with clients and attending meetings with partners
- Training and reviewing the work of junior members of the staff
- Assisting partners with developing and monitoring processes
Examples of tax projects you may be involved with:
- Advice and implementation of corporate reconstructions, investor reliefs such as EIS/SEIS, staff incentive schemes
- Advising owner-managed businesses regarding remuneration planning, succession planning, CGT and IHT mitigation
- Reviewing complex corporation tax computations and returns
Apply now if you have:
- Excellent teamwork and organisational skills, including monitoring timetables and budgets
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good IT skills
At Carpenter Box, we recognise the positive value of diversity and promote equality. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, regardless of age, race, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, or gender, particularly those underrepresented throughout the finance and accounting industry.
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we believe that flexibility at work can provide many significant benefits both to our colleagues and the business. We already work in a hybrid style across all offices and can support different ways of working. If you are interested and have any requirements or needs in the way you would like to work, please apply, and speak to us about this. We will consider flexible options for applicants.
If you have any questions about this role, contact HR Manager Helen Ruff for more information.