We are looking for a highly motivated an ambitious Tax Senior to work within our Tax Advisory Group based in our Worthing office. The position would suit a dynamic individual who would like to specialise in tax. Our Tax Advisory Group provides tax advice across a wide variety of sectors and taxes. Training and support will be provided to the right individual to further develop existing tax knowledge.
The ideal Tax Senior candidate will be studying towards their CTA or ACA/ACCA qualifications or newly qualified. Experience with corporate taxes is preferred and experience in other areas of tax will also beneficial. You may currently be working in an accounts/audit team with a strong interest in tax advisory, or you may already be working within a dedicated tax team.
Career progression is available and encouraged for members of the team who are keen to develop their skills and take the next step in their career at Carpenter Box.
What can we offer you?
- Hybrid working – split your time between working from home and our Worthing town centre office
- Opportunity to progress your skills and experience
- Agile working hours
- Paid overtime or take time off in lieu if you work over your contracted hours
- Opportunity to purchase additional holiday days
- Opportunity to join our Cash Plan scheme
- Carpenter Box Lifestyle Hub which offers discounts for online and high street shops
- Relaxed dress code policy
- Death in Service with addition benefits
- Study packages are available
Responsibilities would include:
- Liaising and corresponding with HMRC in respect of clearance applications, enquiries etc
- Providing support to Managers in the Tax Advisory Group and attending meetings
- Researching technical tax matters
- Drafting reports, letters and emails for clients relating to tax matters
- Preparing tax calculations to support advice
- Assisting with compliance matters relating the implementation of tax planning strategies
Examples of work you would assist the team with include:
- Preparation of reports to support research & development claims
- Implementation of corporate reconstructions, investor reliefs such as EIS/SEIS, staff incentive share schemes
- Advising owner managed businesses regarding remuneration planning, succession planning
- Preparation of corporation tax returns, personal tax returns and CGT returns
Apply now if you have:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in direct contact with clients
- Good IT skills
- Excellent teamwork and organisational skills, including monitoring timetables and budgets
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
If you have any questions about this role, contact HR Manager Helen Ruff for more information. No agencies please.