The tax system is now more complex than ever, and for this reason, we believe that every taxpayer could benefit from our guidance and tax advice. We can optimise our clients’ tax position so they can retain more of their hard-earned income and capital. Whether our client’s affairs are simple or complex, we will help look after them.
By applying a detailed understanding of the law and keeping ahead of the ever-changing tax system, we offer practical solutions which are right for our clients.
We are currently recruiting for a highly motivated and ambitious individual to join us as a Tax Senior predominantly within our Private Client Services (PCS) team, based in our Worthing office.
What can we offer you?
- Opportunity to progress your skills and experience
- Agile working hours
- Paid overtime or take time off in lieu if you work over your contracted hours
- 9% pension contributions
- Opportunity to purchase additional holiday days
- Opportunity to join our Cash Plan and Enterprise Health scheme
- Carpenter Box Lifestyle Hub which offers discounts for online and high street shops
- Relaxed dress code policy
- Study packages are available
The role would include:
- Working within the Private Client Services team with further opportunity to work in Tax Advisory as part of the role
- Managing own portfolio of clients
- Working on tax compliance relating to the client portfolio, including work on annual tax returns and associated tax advice to clients
- Providing support to others in the team where they need help, especially during busier periods
- Preparing technical analysis and involving specialists within the team, and where appropriate to prepare or review tax advice
- Working with client administrators to ensure client administration and risk procedures are completed appropriately
- Working with local solicitors to assist them with tax matters on their clients
- The opportunity to work on corporate tax matters and other business-related taxes.
The ideal candidate:
- Will either be ATT qualified or have 2 years relevant practical experience
- Strong communication and team working skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Have the confidence to speak to clients either face to face or on the telephone
- Professional competence
- Ability to identify and resolve technical issues, or escalate as appropriate
- Be flexible and creative and willing to drive forward new idea
If you have any questions about this role, contact HR Manager Helen Ruff for more information.