To provide a lead on accountancy and audit technical matters for the firm, ensuring that our knowledge and practices remain fully up to date and compliant with the latest regulations and best practice. The role requires:
- A technically strong qualified accountant with at least two to three years of post qualification experience
- The ability to communicate with all levels of staff: from providing training and support to new trainees to taking instruction from and reporting back to the AAG partners
- The ability to work independently and be proactive in identifying required actions
- A pragmatic approach to providing solutions to technical problems
Responsibilities and duties
- To support the partners in keeping the firm up to date and informed on accounting and auditing developments through review and dissemination of ICAEW and other relevant technical releases, with the aim of ensuring and maintaining a culture of technical excellence.
- To play a key role in the ongoing development of the firm’s processes and procedures relating to accounts preparation and audit, including providing a technical view on any proposed process efficiency changes.
- To act as a key resource for advanced technical accounting and audit queries for Audit and Assurance and Business Services.
- To provide input into the creation of audit processes on new major assignments.
- To participate as a member of the firm’s Technical Committee and, supported by the other members of the Committee, take responsibility for delivery of the following:
- Provision of the technical elements of the induction process for new recruits
- Delivery/oversight of technical training
- Provide input into the MHA Technical Committee as appropriate
- Act as the lead authority on audit technical matters
- To manage an audit portfolio, commensurate with available resource given other responsibilities.
- To work in conjunction with the Compliance Director to deliver the annual Cold File Review process.
- To work in conjunction with the Compliance Director where there is a crossover of technical and compliance issues.
- To line manage and train a technical assistant to support the above role.
- To oversee the development and revision of technical templates and standard documents as required.
- To identify training needs to ensure staff are updated on technical developments, and potentially delivering elements of the training.
- To be responsible for the testing and implementation of new technical software/updates.
- To identify training needs and potentially deliver training, as above.
- To oversee our data analytics offering.
- To manage and tailor updates to the firm’s accounts production and audit software, or manage the process of such updates – to include feedback to software developers where appropriate.
- To provide technical support and advice to staff re the use of technical software.
- ACA or ACCA
- At least two to three years post qualification experience including significant exposure to technical auditing and accounting matters
- Strong knowledge and experience of FRS 105, FRS 102
- Knowledge and experience of IFRS
- Knowledge and experience of a variety of entities, including limited companies, LLPs, charities, pension schemes and CICs
If you have any questions about this role, contact HR Manager Helen Ruff for more information.