VAT Assistant Manager
VAT Assistant Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the largest and fastest growing tax advisory teams in the southeast.
We are looking for a highly motivated tax senior to work within the VAT team of our Tax Advisory Group. The position would suit a motivated dynamic individual who would like to specialise in VAT.
You will have been working within a tax or accountancy role for 2+ years and have a desire to specialise in VAT. You will likely be ATT or ACA/ACCA qualified/nearly qualified, having had exposure to a broad range of UK taxes including VAT. The role would also suit an individual that has been working within a dedicated VAT role. The successful candidate will be keen to study towards CTA.
Responsibilities would include:
- Preparing VAT returns for businesses with complex VAT affairs such and partial exemption or internal trade
- Reviewing work from less experienced members of the team
- Drafting reports and letters of advice for review by the VAT managers
- Preparing calculations to support VAT advice
- Researching technical matters
- Liaising with clients and attending meetings with other team members
- Ad hoc VAT support for the firm’s diverse client base
If you have:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Excellent teamwork and organisational skills, including monitoring timetables and budgets
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail
We can offer:
- A competitive market rate salary
- A generous study package
- Opportunity to progress your career
- Agile working hours and office space to allow you to have a good work life balance
- Paid overtime or take time off in lieu if you work over your contracted hours
- Opportunity to purchase additional holiday days
- Opportunity to join our Cash Plan scheme
- Carpenter Box Lifestyle Hub which offers discounts for online and high street shops
- Relaxed dress code policy
- Death in Service and associated benefits
At Carpenter Box, we recognise the positive value of diversity and promote equality. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, regardless of age, race, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, or gender, particularly those underrepresented throughout the finance and accounting industry.
Although this role is advertised as full time, we believe that flexibility at work can provide many significant benefits both to our colleagues and the business. We already work in a hybrid style across all offices and can support different ways of working. If you are interested and have any requirements or needs in the way you would like to work, please apply, and speak to us about this. We will consider flexible options for applicants.
If you have any questions about this role, contact HR Manager Helen Ruff for more information. No agencies please.