An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the largest and fastest growing tax advisory teams in the south east.
We are looking for an experienced VAT professional to join a leadership role as a VAT director within our Tax Advisory Group. The position would suit a motivated dynamic individual who would like take on a key role in further developing the firm’s growing VAT advisory team.
You will have significant experience providing VAT advice, working within a practice environment. You will have had broad exposure to most areas of UK VAT, with a working knowledge of EU VAT requirements as they apply to UK businesses.
Responsibilities would include:
- Leading the VAT team on all areas of VAT advice
- Technical research for a breadth of topics and keeping the wider tax team apprised of technical developments
- Drafting reports and letters of advice for a wide range of clients and industries
- Liaising with clients and attending meetings
- Business development including marketing areas of opportunity
- Managing and developing members of the VAT team
Examples of the work you will assist the team with include:
- Leading topical advisory matters to clients across the practice
- Advising businesses on VAT efficient structuring of their affairs
- Advising on VAT considerations for international trade
- Implementing partial exemption special schemes
- Ad hoc advice on a wide range of VAT matters for the firm’s diverse client base
If you have:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Excellent team work and organisational skills, including monitoring timetables and budgets
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail
We can offer:
- A competitive market rate salary and bonus scheme
- Free car parking
- A modern friendly working environment
- Opportunity to progress your career
- Agile working hours and office space to allow you to have a good work life balance
- Paid overtime or take time off in lieu if you work over your contracted hours
- Opportunity to purchase additional holiday days
- Opportunity to join our Cash Plan and Enterprise Health schemes
- Carpenter Box Lifestyle Hub which offers discounts for online and high street shops
- Relaxed dress code policy
If you have any questions about this role, contact HR Manager Helen Ruff for more information. No agencies please.