VAT Manager – Advisory
VAT Assistant Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the largest and fastest-growing tax advisory teams in the southeast.
We are looking for a VAT professional to join our growing tax advisory team as a VAT Manager. The position would suit a motivated dynamic individual who would like to broaden their VAT expertise within a diverse and growing tax team.
You will have 3+ years’ experience working in a VAT role, ideally within a practice environment. You will likely have a mixed compliance and advisory background, though UK VAT experience is essential. Exposure to international VAT matters is a plus.
Responsibilities would include:
- Technical research for a breadth of topics
- Drafting reports and letters of advice for a wide range of clients and industries
- Liaising with clients and attending meetings
- Reviewing the work of more junior members of the team
- Review of VAT compliance work from other teams within the practice
- Ad hoc advice on a wide range of VAT matters for the firm’s diverse client base
Examples of some of the work you would be involved in:
- Advising online retailers on the VAT requirements for their international sales
- Reviewing businesses’ VAT systems and compliance to identify areas of weakness or opportunity
- Advising property businesses on the VAT-efficient structuring of their plans
- Working with businesses to make changes required following changes in VAT rules
- Implementing partial exemption special schemes
If you have:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Excellent teamwork and organisational skills, including monitoring timetables and budgets
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail
We can offer:
- Exciting chance to work with high-profile media, entertainment and sporting clients Opportunity to progress your skills and experience in a supportive environment
- Hybrid working. Office days can be from our Worthing or Brighton offices
- Agile working hours and space
- Relaxed ‘Dress for your Day’ policy
- Paid overtime or take time off in lieu if you work over your contracted hours
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and the opportunity to purchase additional holiday days
- Opportunity to join our Cash Plan and Enterprise Health scheme
- Lifestyle Hub where you receive discounts for online and high-street stores
- Employee Assistance Program with additional well-being benefits
- Employee Referral Program
- Death in Service and associated benefits
- 4% employer pension contributions
At Carpenter Box, we recognise the positive value of diversity and promote equality. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, regardless of age, race, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, or gender, particularly those underrepresented throughout the finance and accounting industry.
Although this role is advertised as full-time, we believe that flexibility at work can provide many significant benefits both to our colleagues and the business. We already work in a hybrid style across all offices and can support different ways of working. If you are interested and have any requirements or needs in the way you would like to work, please apply, and speak to us about this. We will consider flexible options for applicants.
If you have any questions about this role, contact HR Manager Helen Ruff for more information. No agencies, please.
Please send your CV and cover letter below