VAT Manager – Advisory
VAT Manager – Advisory
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the largest and fastest growing tax advisory teams in the south east.
We are looking for a VAT professional to join our growing tax advisory team as a VAT Manager. The position would suit a motivated dynamic individual who would like to broaden their VAT expertise within a diverse and growing tax team.
You will have 3+ years’ experience working in a VAT role, ideally within a practice environment. You will likely have a mixed compliance and advisory background, though UK VAT experience is essential. Exposure to international VAT matters is a plus.
Responsibilities would include:
- Technical research for a breadth of topics
- Drafting reports and letters of advice for a wide range of clients and industries
- Liaising with clients and attending meetings
- Reviewing work of more junior members of the team
- Review of VAT compliance work from other teams within the practice
- Ad hoc advice on a wide range of VAT matters for the firm’s diverse client base
Examples of some of the work you would be involved in:
- Advising online retailers on the VAT requirements for their international sales
- Reviewing businesses’ VAT systems and compliance to identify areas of weakness or opportunity
- Advising property businesses on the VAT efficient structuring of their plans
- Working with businesses to make changes required following changes in VAT rules
- Implementing partial exemption special schemes
If you have:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Excellent teamwork and organisational skills, including monitoring timetables and budgets
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail
We can offer:
- A competitive market rate salary
- Opportunity to progress your career
- Agile working hours and office space to allow you to have a good work life balance
- Paid overtime or take time off in lieu if you work over your contracted hours
- Opportunity to purchase additional holiday days
- Opportunity to join our Cash Plan and Enterprise Health schemes
- Carpenter Box Lifestyle Hub which offers discounts for online and high street shops
- Relaxed dress code policy
If you have any questions about this role, contact HR Manager Helen Ruff for more information.