An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the largest and fastest growing tax advisory teams in the south east.
We are looking for a highly motivated tax senior to work within the VAT team of our Tax Advisory Group. The position would suit a motivated dynamic individual who would like to specialise in VAT.
You will have been working within a tax or accountancy role for 2+ years and have a desire to specialise in VAT. You will likely be ATT or ACA/ACCA qualified/nearly qualified, having had exposure to a broad range of UK taxes including VAT. The role would also suit an individual that has been working within a dedicated VAT role. The successful candidate will be keen to study towards CTA.
Responsibilities would include:
- Preparing VAT returns for businesses with complex VAT affairs such and partial exemption or internal trade
- Drafting reports and letters of advice for review by the VAT managers
- Preparing calculations to support VAT advice
- Researching technical matters
- Liaising with clients and attending meetings with other team members
- Ad hoc VAT support for the firm’s diverse client base
If you have:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Excellent teamwork and organisational skills, including monitoring timetables and budgets
- Strong technical skills and attention to detail
We can offer:
- A competitive market rate salary
- A generous study package
- Opportunity to progress your career
- Agile working hours and office space to allow you to have a good work life balance
- Paid overtime or take time off in lieu if you work over your contracted hours
- Opportunity to purchase additional holiday days
- Opportunity to join our Cash Plan scheme
- Carpenter Box Lifestyle Hub which offers discounts for online and high street shops
- Relaxed dress code policy
If you have any questions about this role, contact HR Manager Helen Ruff for more information. No agencies please.