Trainee positions starting 2024
Here at Carpenter Box we have earned ‘Approved Employer’ and ‘Platinum Status’, the highest levels of accreditation that can be awarded by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) as we provide superior support for the continual professional development of our staff through progress monitoring, evaluation and staff development.
We also provide study support for the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ACA).
We have an exciting career opportunity for individuals who are looking for an apprenticeship, to work and study towards becoming a Chartered or Certified Chartered Accountant. We are looking to recruit either:
- university graduates
- applicants who have recently completed their A levels in relevant subjects
- applicants who have studied AAT level 3 or 4
- applicants who have some relevant work experience
You will ideally be available to start as soon as possible.
Each day is different and brings new challenges, whether it be: learning how to do your first accounts preparation exercise or corporation tax computation; preparing projections for a client’s business plan; or meeting a client to discuss their business and give tax planning advice.
Our ideal candidate would have a strong academic history, with excellent attention to detail and quick problem-solving abilities. You would be driven to provide an excellent service to clients, by working in a team and show your initiative. You will also have a professional approach and forward-thinking attitude.
What benefits do we offer?
- A full-time training contract
- Paid study and exam leave
- Annual salary review and salary increases after exam passes and when you become part qualified
- ACA/ACCA support level 7 apprenticeship package
- Paid overtime or take time off in lieu if you work over your contracted hours
- Competitive holiday entitlement plus bank holidays
- Lifestyle Hub with access to great discounts
- A relaxed, friendly, supportive environment
- Employee Assistance Program with additional wellbeing benefits
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible and hybrid working
- Modern office environment with breakout areas with coffee machines
- Paid time off to support the local community as part of our CSR policy
- Relaxed Dress Code
- Opportunity to learn new skills
- Carpenter Box Lifestyle Hub which offers discounts for online and high street shops
- Relaxed dress code policy
- Opportunity to join the WPA Cash Plan scheme after 6 months employment with the Firm
- Death in Service and associated benefits
The ideal candidate will have:
- A passion to pursue their accountancy career
- A strong academic history
- A professional approach
- Excellent teamwork and organisational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Be comfortable using their initiative
When is the deadline for trainee applications 2024?
Friday, 1st December 2023 at 5pm.
We will contact you to acknowledge your application and we may ask for further information. We will set up initial telephone interviews to discuss your application further as well as ask you to complete some online assessments.
After the closing date (Friday 1st December 2023 at 5pm), we will let you know if you have been successful through to the next stage of the process. If you are, we will invite you to a group interview that will be held early January.
Please submit your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your application below.
No agencies please.
Please send your CV and covering letter below
We endeavour to respond to all applications as quickly as possible. However due to high volumes, this is not always possible. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of your application, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
At Carpenter Box, we recognise the positive value of diversity and promote equality. We aim at all times to recruit the person who is most suited to the job and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, regardless of age, race, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, or gender, particularly those underrepresented throughout the finance and accounting industry. Although this role is advertised as full time, we believe that flexibility at work can provide many significant benefits both to our colleagues and the business. We already work in a hybrid style across all offices and can support different ways of working. If you are interested.