Trainee Accountant – Assurance and Advisory
Apply for our Trainee Accountant role within our Assurance and Advisory department
We have an exciting career opportunity for an individual who is looking for an apprenticeship, to work and study towards becoming a Charted Accountant. We are looking to recruit either university graduates, candidates who have studied AAT level 3-4 and have some relevant work experience, or candidates with relevant A-levels and have a interested in working for an accountancy firm. You will be based within our Assurance and Advisory Group at our Worthing office.
Why join Carpenter Box?
Here at Carpenter Box we have earned ‘Approved Employer’ and ‘Platinum Status’, the highest levels of accreditation that can be awarded by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) as we provide superior support for the continual professional development of our staff through progress monitoring, evaluation and staff development.
We also provide study support for the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ACA).
Our approach to audit is to make the process a positive one for businesses – we identify potential risks, recommend opportunities for growth and help improve business performance. An audit will not be the same year on year – we focus on key risk areas and will tailor audits to reflect current issues or priorities. Our sector-based approach also means that we look beyond the numbers to truly understand the challenges businesses face.
Find out about the range of benefits we offer and apply for our trainee position today!
We can offer you:
- A relaxed, friendly, modern environment
- Paid overtime or take time off in lieu if you work over your contracted hours
- Opportunity to learn new skills and progress within the firm
- Auto-enrolment pension with the option to contribute through salary sacrifice
- Carpenter Box Lifestyle Hub which offers discounts for online and high street shops
- Relaxed dress code policy
- A competitive market rate salary
- Death in Service and associated benefits
- Opportunity to join Cash Plan scheme after a qualifying period
- ACA/ACCA support level 7 apprenticeship package
- Experience of varied work within an audit team.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A passion to pursue their accountancy career
- A strong academic history
- A professional approach
- Excellent teamwork and organisational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Be comfortable using their initiative
Strictly no agencies please
If you have any questions about this role, contact HR Manager Helen Ruff for more information.