Planning for your future…
Inheritance tax (IHT) is a growing concern for many people. The good news is that unlike many other taxes, there are plenty of things you can do now that will help you pass on as much of your wealth as possible to family and friends, rather than the taxman. At MHA Carpenter Box we understand the value of your money – we can help you plan for the future by managing and protecting your wealth today.
Inheritance tax is levied on the value of assets passing on a person’s death. It is also payable on certain lifetime gifts, subject to exemptions and reliefs. We have a team of specialists who will help you to ascertain your IHT exposure, and suggest ways to reduce that potential liability.
Our services include:
- Help with drawing up and reviewing your will to make sure your provisions are as tax friendly as possible
- Helping you understand how to make full use of reliefs, exemptions and lower tax rates
- Advising you about lifetime transfers between husband and wife or civil partners
- Advising you on use of trusts
- Arranging adequate life assurance to cover potential inheritance tax liabilities
- Looking at other financial products that protect your wealth
For help with your Inheritance Tax planning or for a no obligation chat, please contact Stuart Noakes.