Essential planning to enjoy your later life
No-one can avoid old age, so the sooner you can start to prepare for it the better! It will avoid any unwelcome surprises upon reaching retirement. However, planning for the future can be a daunting task. For this reason, Sussex-based chartered accountants MHA Carpenter Box are joining together with Worthing-based solicitors Bennett Griffin, Worthing charity Guild Care and retirement specialists Just to hold an event to help you plan for the later life you deserve.
The Financial Planning for Later Life Seminar will cover a wide range of topics including Powers of Attorney and deputyships, paying for your care, property and trusts, Inheritance Tax, as well as non-regulated care. Each of the speakers will provide information and insight to help you to make better-informed choices, rather than being unaware of missed opportunities and leaving important decisions to chance.
Speakers at the event include:
- Ian Macara, Senior Partner at Bennett Griffin, will discuss Trusts, Powers of Attorney and deputyships;
- Gill Lynes, Senior Financial Planning Manager and SOLLA (Society for Later Life Advisers) Member at MHA Carpenter Box Wealth Management, will provide details on paying for care fees including care annuities;
- Tracey Funnell, BD Manager from Just, will outline non-regulated care and updates in the care sector;
- Karen Thomas, Head of Private Client Services at MHA Carpenter Box, will discuss Inheritance Tax and tax concerns in later life;
- Finally, we’ll hear from Helen Tidball from Guild Care, which runs three care homes and over 30 community services in Worthing.
All in all, there will be something for everyone, no matter what stage you are at in your retirement planning.
Attendees will have the opportunity to raise questions at the end of the event which will be held on Tuesday 15 October, between 4pm and 6pm at The Charmandean Centre, Worthing.
For more information or to register for the event, please refer to: www.carpenterbox.com/later-life-seminar