Manufacturing & Engineering
Supporting the manufacturing and engineering sector to do better business
MHA Carpenter Box is a centre for excellence when it comes to advising businesses in the manufacturing, engineering and technology sector. Our aim is to understand what our clients want to achieve and then, using our expertise, extensive sector network and experience, we help them achieve it.
What makes us different?
One of the ways in which we support the sector is facilitating a popular manufacturing forum called METALL (the Manufacturing Engineering and Technology Alliance). METALL organises speakers, factory tours and masterclasses which helps our clients take advantage of their opportunities and deal with their challenges.
That proactive approach is complemented by our national and international credentials. Nationally, complementing our own expertise is the accumulated experience of our colleagues in MHA’s Manufacturing Group across the UK. This means we are well positioned to advise our clients on a diverse range of industry related areas from cloud accounting (with sector related plug-ins) and audit to the more specialist areas around tax, including Research and Development Tax Relief, Capital Reliefs and Patent Box to name but a few.
Helping to solve your problems
MHA Carpenter Box acts for a wide range of clients in the sector. Whether large or small manufacturers, engineers or technology companies we will have a solution. With our Partner-led service and proven tax expertise, we build strong relationships taking a team approach to problem solving.
METALL – free to join Manufacturing, Engineering and Technology forum
METALL aims to help businesses to share good practice, network and be signposted to grants and funding, export advice, academic partnerships.
Membership of METALL is free but restricted to those in or directly supporting the sector. The events are by invitation only and attendees are carefully screened to keep the focus on manufacturing, engineering and technology businesses.
“I feel that MHA Carpenter Box is a part of the company, I trust their judgement on all money matters. They give good advice, and it’s advice we wouldn’t otherwise know where to go for. MHA Carpenter Box in my opinion is a good investment; they have saved me a lot of money and a lot of time.”
Kevin Tester, Managing Director, Penton UK
How we can help
- Tax planning and corporate restructuring
- Understanding and claiming Research & Development Tax Credits
- Understanding and profiting from the Patent Box scheme
- Migrating you to Cloud Accounting systems such as Xero, Quickbooks and their eco-systems
- Assisting with routes to finance through our large network of bankers, invoice financiers, grant makers, etc
- Helping you to develop an export strategy
- Minimising risk from pricing and supply fluctuations
- Optimise stock control
- Make important investment decisions
- Planning for mergers and acquisitions or disposals
- Corporate finance advice, including strategic acquisitions
- Managing cash flow through interest and exchange rate fluctuation
- Helping you trade abroad through our network of global associates as members of Baker Tilly International
- Access to our useful network of other specialist professional advisers