VAT and customs duties
VAT is one of the most complex and onerous tax regimes imposed on business – so complex that many businesses can inadvertently pay the wrong amount of VAT. The ever widening scope of VAT, the constant stream of detailed changes to the regulations, and the increasing demands of the revenue service call for a trained professional eye to ensure that you do not fall foul of the regulations and do not pay the Exchequer more than you need to!
Our specialist advisers can guide you through the VAT maze, whether you’re an SME, larger business or Not for Profit organisation. We can deal with routine compliance, as well as help you to solve any matters that suddenly arise.
Customs and Excise Duty
With the full effects of Brexit now biting, rules relating to how organisations import and export their goods are even more uncertain. Whether you import or export from outside the UK or move goods around the EU, these changes have brought new challenges and administrative burdens.
By efficiently using existing customs regimes and special procedures, we can offer businesses operating internationally specific customs duty solutions to help make them more cost effective. This includes assisting with areas such as:
- Import and export procedures
- Customers Special Procedures
- Authorise Economic Operator Status
- Classification of goods
- Advice on excise duties to importers
As a member of PrimeGlobal, Carpenter Box has access to a global network of firms and is able to provide local VAT and Duty information from all around the world.
How we can help:
- Assistance with VAT registration
- Advice on VAT planning and administration
- VAT control and reconciliation
- VAT healthchecks
- Assistance with implementing your VAT strategy
- Consultation for cross-border or UK supplies of goods and services
- Review your customs duty position
- Planning to minimise future issues with HMRC
- Negotiating with HMRC in disputes and representing in VAT disputes and enquiries