Tax Trainee – Gatwick
Do you want to work for one the largest and well-established practices in the South East region?
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Trainee to join our Tax Services Team.
The role will involve working with our Advisory Team as well as Private Clients based in our Gatwick office. After working with the team for 12 months where you have learnt our systems, processes, and feel confident in your work, you will have the flexibility to work from home for part of your working week.
Find out about the range of benefits we offer and apply for our trainee position today!
We can offer you:
- Excellent ATT/CTA or ACA / CTA joint pathway study support package
- Exposure to a variety of taxes and complex advisory and private client work
- Opportunity to learn new skills with an emphasis on career progression
- A friendly, modern working environment
- Paid overtime or take time off in lieu if you work over your contracted hours
- Carpenter Box Lifestyle Hub which offers discounts for online and high street shops
- Relaxed dress code policy
- A competitive market rate salary
- Opportunity to join our Cash Plan after a qualifying period
- Death in Service and associated benefits
The ideal candidate will have:
- A passion to pursue a career as a Chartered Tax Adviser
- A strong academic history ideally with a 2:1 degree
- A professional approach
- Excellent teamwork and organisational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Be comfortable using their initiative and taking accountability for delivering high quality accurate work
- Business curiosity that encompasses the use of data
- A forward thinking attitude
- Be ready to embrace change and technological advancements in how you think, problem solve and approach tasks
Examples of work you will assist the team with include:
- Supporting clients with:
- corporate reconstructions
- share option schemes for their employees
- securing reliefs for business investments
- research and development claims
- corporate transactions and reconstructions
- Preparing applications for HM Revenue & Customs clearances and reliefs
- Preparation of returns including VAT and various property related taxes
- International structuring and advice for corporates
- Transfer pricing
- Residence and domicile advice for high-net-worth individuals
- Global mobility support and advice
If you have any questions about this role, contact HR Manager Helen Ruff for more information.
Strictly no agencies please.