Supporting the healthcare sector
Our specialist team has helped healthcare professionals for many years with advice on specific legislation and the opportunities and challenges facing the sector. This expertise is paired with our team of chartered tax advisers who use their specialist knowledge to help save our clients thousands of pounds.
Each area of the healthcare profession requires a different approach to their accounting requirements. We can help advise professionals in the following areas:
As a part of MHA, our UK wide medical accountants and tax specialists have experience of helping general practitioners, consultants, surgeons, hospital doctors, locums and physiotherapists and together act for over 200 GP practices, giving us a national knowledge-sharing resource specifically for the medical profession. A number of our colleague firms in MHA are also members of AISMA (Association of Independent Specialist Medical Accountants).
“MHA Carpenter Box look after our practice accounts – they are promptly produced and the layout is excellent, we are therefore extremely happy with this element of the service they provide. Where they really add value to our practice however, is their very thorough understanding of the GP contract and the issues concerned with running a profitable medical practice.”
Felicity Belkin, Practice Manager, The Village Surgery
How we can help:
- Statistical information on income and expenditure
- Preparation of annual superannuation certificates
- Tax and estate planning
- Retirement and succession planning
- Practice profitability and benchmarking
- Advice on software selection and training for accounting software packages
- Review of NHS Pension arrangements, with particular focus on the annual allowance on pension inputs, projections of retirement benefits and consideration of primary/enhanced/fixed protection
- Formation of consultant specialist group practices
- Advise on the best business structure: partnership, LLP or limited company